Saturday, August 30, 2008

really our votes ?


So from time to time, I like to go on to the section of stardoll, where you get to vote for your favourite design. I try doing it as often as possible, I love knowing that I have a say, in who gets the opportunity to win such a great prize. But, I can't help but think, do people really vote this way ?


One of my favourite designers : MadMacMom, in my opinion, makes fantastic designs ( go to her stardoll page to check them out ) yet I haven't seen any of her designs on the top 5 recently. And then I see some of the previous winners and I see ;


1. a tank top with polka dots, and a folk sign on it.
2. a black dress with a flower.
3. a dress with hearts.
4. a pink sweater, with dots going into different directions.

* to get a look at these designs, go to the stardoll shortcut for vote for your favourite, and look at the top five, please note they add a new one daily, so you might not see the ones I've listed *

I don't know if its just me, but are people really voting for such a simplistic, very little level of difficutly piece of clothing? Maybe it is... but I've talked to users on stardoll about it, and they agree, so I've come to the conclusion, there might be some mix up with these votes going on here ?

2 comments:

SD-Trends said...

It's determind on how much of the design is bought.

They won because the owner purchased more of their designs than anyone else.

People like MadMacMom are buying a lot of their designs but differnt ones instead of the same pattern; Therefore they don't get it.

em said...

yes, i think that that is right..but when u vote?? i think some ppl just think that simple is better, i guess :)